Check out this healthy and tasty Pita Bread Recipe and make your day healthier.
Equipment 1, Equipment 2, Equipment 3
- Wheat flour(atta) | 4 cup
- Lukewarm water | 1/2 cup
- Yeast | 1 Tsp
- Milk | 1/2 to 1cup for kneading
- Sugar | 1 tbs
- Salt | to taste
How to Cook!
- Mix the yeast, sugar and warm water and leave it aside for 10minutes.
- After fermentation adds wheat flour, salt, milk and knead it gently for 10 minutes to form a soft dough. If it’s too sticky, dust it with little flour.
- Cover the bowl containing the dough and keep it in a warm place until the dough doubles in size.
- Divide the dough into 15 to 20 portions. Roll out the dough on a floured surface.
- Warm a tawa on medium flame and lay a rolled-out pita on the tawa and you see bubbles starting to form.
- Flip and cook for sometime and flip again and cook till pita puffs up. And take the pita out and leave it in a towel for cooling