I love the texture of this cake. It is absolutely wonderful when layered and iced and I find it very hard to not want to eat the entire cake. It really is a very soft and moist cake
Equipment 1, Equipment 2, Equipment 3
- Eggs Large | 4 (200g)
- Granulated Sugar | 1 ¾ cup (350g)
- Whole Milk | 1 cup (237ml)
- Unsalted Butter | 1 Stick (112g)
- Vanilla Extract | 1 Tablespoon (15ml)
- All Purpose Flour | 2 cup
- Baking Powder | 2 teaspoons (10g)
- Salt | ½ teaspoons (3g)
How to Cook!
- In the bowl of your Kitchen Aid mixer combine the eggs and sugar over a double boiler and whisk with a hand whisk until the sugar has dissolved slightly and the mixture reaches approximately 115°f.
- On high speed whip to ribbon stage, thick and pale colored and is almost 5X from original volume
- The eggs will take about 5 – 7 minutes to reach the ribbon stage.
- In the meantime combine the milk and butter in a microwave-safe bowl or on the stove top and melt to just under a boil. Add the vanilla extract
- By this time the eggs should be ready, fold in the sifted dry ingredients
- Take out about 2 cups of the cake batter into a separate mixing bowl, and with a hand whisk add the hot milk-butter to that. Whisk vigorously
- Add the this back into the remaining batter in the mixer bowl.
- Pour batter between the two prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated 350°f oven for about 35 minutes
(Cupcakes may take 20-25 minutes)