Uzbu Al Zainab, literally means Zainab’s finger,as it is rolled to a finger shape. It is an Arabic sweet and cheesy dessert and it’s loved by all age groups. This is an easy and simple recipe which is going to be a hit on every party.
- Rectangular samosa pastry – around 24 pieces
- Cheese triangles – 4
For sealing the pastry:
- Plain flour – 1 tbs
- Water – 3Tbs
- Oil – for deep frying the rolls
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Cardamom – 3 nos.
- Lime/lemon juice – 1 tbs
How to Make
- Boil sugar, water, cardamom and lemon juice, until you get a thick syrup.
- Mix the flour and water and make a thick paste. This mixture is used to seal the edges of the pastry after rolling.
- Place a small piece of cheese at the tip of the short end and cover the cheese completely by folding the edges(See the pics below).
- Then roll the pastry until the edge.
- Spread a very thin layer of the flour paste and seal it.
- Deep fry it in the oil until golden brown.
- Serve the rolls on a serving plate and sprinkle the sugar syrup on it.