Triangle buns are in the shape of samosas and are also folded in the same way a normal Indian samosa is done.These buns are stuffed and then left to rise and then baked to its finest.
Electric oven, big pan, chopping board
- For filling
- boneless chicken -500gm(cubed, and marinate with 2tbsp curd,1 tsp ginger garlic paste,1 tsp lemon,1/2 tsp chilly powder and enough salt)
- onion sliced-1medium
- capsicum sliced-1 medium
- ginger garlic paste -2tsp
- salt -as needed
- tandoori powder or paprika powder-1tsp
- cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- chilly flakes-1tsp
- lemon juice -2tbsp
- tomato sauce / ketchup-2 tbsp
- for dough
- all-purpose flour or maida -1 1/2 cup
- instant yeast – 1/2tsp
- baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- salt -1tsp
- oil or melted butter -3tbsp
- warm water mixed with milk – as needed
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- First heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the marinated chicken cubes and fry it for 5 min.remove the chicken on to a plate and set aside. When it cools down shred it with your hands or fork.
Step – 2
- In the same pan heat 2tbsp oil and add the onion slices saute for a minute, then add capsicum and stir it for another minute. Next add ginger garlic paste,chilly flakes,cumin powder,paprika powder,and salt,stir it for two-three minutes. Add the chicken to it.cook it for a few minutes, try to make it dry. Then add ketchup and lemon juice mix it well. Turn off the heat. Keep it aside.
Step – 3
- Next prepare the dough, mix the flour,salt,baking powder,yeast,and oil.Add the warm water +milk mix into the flour while kneading until you have a soft dough.Knead it as much as you can to give the buns a delicately soft texture.
Step – 4
- with this type of buns, you don’t give the dough time to rise at this point.once its well kneaded immediately make 9 equal size balls. Roll out 3 of the balls to the size of a small circle. Place the 1st round, then brush some oil, sprinkle some flour, add second-round repeat oil and flour then cover with third-round.Roll it out gently to the size of a chapati.Cut it into quarters. apply some ketchup in the middle of each quarter. add a 1tbsp chicken filling top of it.Now fold it like samosa shape. Apply a bit of water on its edge when folding.do the rest of its similarly.
- Place these buns into a greased tray, leave them to stand for about an hour to rise.meantime preheat the oven at 180c. Brush some egg yolks on the top of the buns,and bake it for 15-20min.untill the top are nicely golden. Apply a part of butter when they are right out of the oven.T hen to keep covered in a cloth for an extra soft.enjoy!