Tres leches cake is a three variety of milk combined into a cake. This Mexican dessert is a perfect swap for a cake or pudding or both together sort of craving Serving this dessert cold topped with a handful of your favorite dry fruits takes it up a notch…
Equipment 1, Equipment 2, Equipment 3
- Eggs | 5
- Sugar | 1 cup
- Vanilla essence | 1 tsp
- All purpose flour | 1 1/2 cup
- Baking powder | 1 1/2 tsp
For milk mix
- Evaporated milk | 1/2 cup
- Cold milk | 2 cup
- Condenced milk | 1/2 cup (as per your taste)
- Sugar | 1/2 cup
- Cream | 1/2 cup
- Butter | 1/2 tsp
How to Cook!
Step – 1
Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius. Grease a baking dish with butter or oil.
Step – 2
Beat egg and sugar until it’s foamy. Add vanilla essence and beat the mix again, keep it aside.
Mix all purpose flour and baking powder and strain the dry ingredients thoroughly.
Add this flour mix to the egg mix and slowly fold the mix.
Pour the folded mix to the greased pan and bake it for 25 to 30 minutes.
Mix milk, evaporated milk and Condenced milk thoroughly and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
Step – 3
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it sit till it cools down.
- Leave the cake in the baking container and poke tiny holes in your cake with a toothpick or a fork ,
- pour the refrigerated cold milk mix on top of the cake till it soaks it all in.
- Place the cake into the refrigerator for a while.
Step – 4
- In a large heavy saucepan, spread sugar; cook without stirring, over medium-low heat until it begins to melt.
- Gently drag melted sugar to the center of the pan so sugar melts evenly. Cook without stirring, until melted sugar turns a medium amber color in about 25 minutes.
- Gradually stir in butter and cream. Pour this caramel sauce on top of the cake evenly after cooling it down a bit, decorate with whipped cream and nuts, keep refrigerate for about 4 hour or overnight, enjoy.