Stuffed Mussels or Kallumakkay nirachath is a traditional malabarian dish. More than a dish, It’s a feeling. The delicious filling with flavors of mussels give the dish a unique texture and taste.. Its easy to prepare but the cleaning task of mussels is a tedious task.But don’t panic.. we have cleaned mussels in market now.. So why waiting guys.. Let’s start..
Steaming Vessel, Fry Pan
- Mussels- 25 (Cleaned)
- Parboiled Rice – 2 Cup
- Grated Coconut – 1 Cup
- Onion – 1 small
- Green Chillies – 2
- Ginger – Small piece
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Corriader Leaves
- Red chilly Powder
How to Cook!
- Soak rice in warm water around 3-4 hrs
- Coarsely Grind the rice by straining water and keep it aside.
- Grind Grated Coconut,Onion,Green Chillies,Ginger,Fennel Seeds,Turmeric Powder ,salt and Corriander Leaves in to a paste.
- Combine the rice and paste in a bowl.
- Stuff the filling in to the cleaned mussels.
- Steam the mussels about half an hour.
- Let the mussels cool down and then slowly remove the filling together with mussels from the shell.
- In a bowl add little water, red chilly powder and salt.
- In a fry pan, add oil .
- Dip the stuffed mussels in to the batter and shallow fry the mussels and serve hot.
Hope you guys enjoy the recipe.Do prepare and write your feedback in the comment box below..