Squid Roast is one of the most easy and delicious recipe. As squid has less cooking time, this recipe will be your shabby day recipe. Squid roast would go well with chappathi, appam, dosa and many more… let’s start cooking together…
- Squid | 800g
- Ginger garlic paste | 1 tbsp
- Onion | 1 large
- Tomato | 1
- Dried red chilly | 2 nos.
- Chilly powder | 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder | 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder | 1/4 tbsp
- Curry leaves | as required
- Garam masala | 1/4 tbsp
- Pepper powder | 1/4 tbsp
- Salt | to taste
- Oil | 3 tbsp
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- Clean and cut the squid, keep it ready.
Step – 2
- Heat oil in a pan, add dried red chilly and ginger garlic paste.
- Saute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped onion and give a good mix.
- Add turmeric, coriander and red chilly powder. Saute for couple of minutes.
- Now add sliced tomato and turn heat to low. Cover and cook until the tomatoes are mushy.
Step – 3
- Add squid to this and mix well, add salt to taste. Cover and cook for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Now add garam masala and pepper powder. Give a good mix.
- Turn the heat to high and saute until all the water gets evaporated.
- Turn off the heat and add curry leaves.
Serve hot and enjoy.