Malabar food recipes are famous for their balance of spices,aroma and full of flavours. Spicy beef curry is one of my favourites gravy .I enjoy it with crispy porottas and ghee rice.This is superb simple recipe.Perfectly balanced spices and cooked meltingly tender beef -this is something that you definitely need to try.
Beef contain higher amount of iron than chicken and fish.It also contain large amount of calories in it.It’s amino acid profile is almost same that of human muscles.Because of it doctors prescribe to eat meat to benefit muscle tissue built after surgeries and all. Red meat is one of the most nutritious food we can depend on, even though it is good for health, over conception can have a bad effect on our body.Everything at its minimal and limit is the best.
This is a recipe that my mother shared with me.She makes this delicious quick beef curry.And we enjoy it with steamed puttu,porotta and ghee rice.
- Beef | 400g
- Onion | 1 large
- Tomato | 2 medium
- Ginger garlic paste | 1 tbsp
- Green chilly | 3 nos
- Red chilly powder | 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder | 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder | 1 tsp
- Garam masala | 1 tsp
- Pepper powder | 1/2 tbsp
- Water | 1 cup
- Salt | to taste
- Oil | 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves | handful
- Coriander leaves | handful
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker
- Add sliced onion and sauté until soft
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell goes
- Now add chopped tomatoes and cook until mushy
Step – 2
- Add 1 tbsp red chilly powder, 1/2 tbsp coriander powder and turmeric powder. Give a good mix.
- Cut and clean the beef, add to the masala and add salt according to taste.
- Add 1 cup of water and close the lid.
- Keep it in low flame for 30 minutes after 1 whistle
Step – 3
- Switch off the flame and wait to release pressure.
- Open the lid, add curry leaves and coriander leaves. Mix well….Ready to serve.