Shahi Gulab Jamun is a royal version of our traditional sweet Gulab Jamun. Shahi means Royal in Hindi. What make this dessert royal? The creamy richness of milk outside and the juiciness of Gulab Jamuns inside is the answer for this question.
I made this dessert first with left over Gulab Jamuns. That day, we had Eight guests but only four Gulab Jamuns were only there. So instead of making another batch of gulab jamun, I thought of making something with the left over ones. This thought gave rise to this royal dessert. Nowadays, instead of making Gulab Jamuns, we prepare royal Gulab Jamuns. We can serve two persons with a single Jamun and can be even made in to four.
The creamy texture of the outer layer is a perfect match for the juiciness of the Jamuns inside which everybody loves in my family. Shahi Jamun is a quick and easy dessert recipe and even can be prepared in 10 minutes if you have left over Gulab Jamuns with you.
While preparing Shahi Gulab Jamun, make sure that your milk dough is soft and moist. If you find it dry, add some hot milk and kneed it well. And also drain the sugar syrup from the Gulab Jamuns before coating it with the milk dough.
I also make sure that my Jamuns are dark brown in colour while frying because this gives a good presentation. The pale white outer covering with the inner dark brown of jamuns give a better presentation to this Royal Jamuns.
- Gulab Jamuns | 4
- Ghee | 1 tbsp
- Milk Powder | 1 Cup
- Condensed Milk | 1/3 Cup
- Milk | 2 tbsp
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- First Step is the preparation of Gulab Jamuns, If you don’t have left over Jamuns with you.
- Check out this link for perfect Gulab Jamuns : https://www.ladieskitchenlab.com/gulabjamuns/
Step – 2
- Heat a Pan in low flame.
- To this Add ghee and Milk powder.
- Mix this for a minute until well combined.
- Add condensed milk and combine well and let the colour to change.
- When the mixture starts separating from the pan, add milk and give a good mix.
- Switch off the flame when combined. If you find the dough little dry, add hot milk and kneed well to make it soft.
Step – 3
- Drain Gulab Jamuns without sugar syrup
- Make balls out of the milk dough and spread this using a spatula to form a thin big round shape.
- Place a Gulab Jamun over this and coat evenly.
- Make sure that the Gulab Jamuns are coated smooth and evenly.
- Cut the Jamuns half and serve.