Upma is basically an Indian subcontinent dish.It is usually made with semolina(Rava or Suji).It helps to improve the heart health, really good for diabetic patients.Basically I eat it with steamed bananas and boiled egg.They are very good combination.A medium sized banana can give u about 15% of vitamin C and 33% of vitamin B6. So it makes your breakfast more healthier.I usually prefer boiled duck egg because it contain more protein and has vitamin B12. This is all you needed for a healthy breakfast.So lets get started…
- Roasted semolina | 2 cups
- Onion | 1
- Green chilies | 2(chopped)
- Ginger | 1 tablespoon
- Curry leaves | 1 tablespoon(chopped)
- Mustard seeds | 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder | 1/4 tsp
- Ghee( Clarified butter) | 2 tablespoon
- Boiled water | 1 cup
How to Cook!
- Heat a deep bottomed pan,add the ghee .
- When the oil is hot (not overheated) add the mustard seeds.after its splutters,add the curry leaves.
- Add onion,ginger and chillies.cook it for 2 minutes
- To it add salt and turmeric powder
- Now add the roasted semolina and add water to it and mix well.
- Close the dish with a lid and cook it for 5 minutes on a very low flame.Give a toss in between and check the water content.If needed add a little boiled water and mix well,put the lid on.
- Superb easy semolina upma is ready
You can serve it with steamed bananas and boiled egg. It also taste good with lemon pickle. Enjoy foodies.