Avil milk is actually a malabar drink. It is basically a combination of rice flakes and banans. The combination gives a very delicious treat to our taste buds. It is actually a kind of milk shake. It satisfy both your hunger and thirst. People usually toast the rice flakes in sugar and ghee to make the avil milk. Here I am making a very healthy version. Adding lots of dry fruits and fresh fruits. This add up the nutritional benefits. Also the fruits give the required sweetness so that we don’t need to add sugar in it. This is superb delicious and healthy. A scoop of ice cream is completely optional. Actually you don’t need that, this is superb yummy even without it. This is a perfect post workout meal to get that energy back.
I added flax seeds and chia seeds to add up the benefits. Flax seeds are rich in omega 3 fatty acids and will reduce the risk of heart attacks and stroke. Chia seeds are loaded with lots of fibers so it really helps in digestion. And also these roasted flax seeds gives an extra crunchiness to your avil milk. So do try this guys. This is superb delicious
Glass, Smasher, Knife, Spoon
- Aval/ Flattened rice
- Robusta banana
- Black raisins
- Golden raisins
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Vanilla Ice cream
How to Cook!
- Smash the robusta banana and make it smooth paste
- Add this in to the serving cup
- Then add flattened rice .
- Now add some shredded coconut .
- Then need to add all your favorite chopped fruits .
- I added some mangoes ,apples,papaya and chikku
- As this avil milk is a very healthy one ,we dont add sugar and the fruits give that balanced sweetness .
- Now add some more flattened rice .
- And it’s the time to add dryfruits of your choice.
- You can add almonds ,cashews and some dates .
- Now add some roasted flax seeds .
- Add milk of your required quantity .
- Scoop some icecream on top of it if you want .
- And garnish with chia seeds .