Halwas are dense ,sweet confections that originated from middle east .They are sweet and mouthwatering .Personally ,Iam a big fan of halwas .And always try new new recipes of it .I tried this raw papaya halwa and it tasted really yum.Raw papaya is really good for health .It is good for your digestive system ,improves your immunity and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
Raw papaya halwas are usually made during indian festival navaratri .During this festival women fast for 9 days and eat only at night .Papayas are allowed to eat during their fasting .So halwas are made to satisfy their sweet tooth .
- Raw papaya | 1
- Ghee | 1/4 cup
- Sugar | 1/2 cup
- Cornflour | 2 Tbsp
- Water | 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder | 1/4 Tsp
- Roasted cashews | 1/8 cup
- Green food colour (optional)
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- Heat a cooking pan and add ghee in to it.
- Then add blended raw papaya and mix them well.
- Let the papaya cook in the ghee for atleast 2 minutes.
- Now add sugar and mix.
- Take a bowl and mix water and cornflour .
- In to this add ,food colour if you need .
- Pour this mixture into the papaya halwa and combine .
- Let the halwa condense .
- Add cardamom powder and roasted cashews and give it a mix .
- Immediately transfer the halwa to a dish to set.
- Let it set for atleast 1 hour.
- Cut into pieces and serve.