Unni Appam is a traditional snack of kerala.This is basically small round snack with lots of coconut chunks and grated coconunt.In malayalam unni means small and appam means cake .They are crisp outside and very soft inside .Authentic unniyapam is made with rice and today iam sharing a twist version of unniyapam.A friend of mine shared this recipe with me .Thank you joyal francis for this amazing recipe .This is really easy to make and taste really good .
- Semolina | 1 cup
- All purpose flour | 1/2 cup
- Jaggery | 1 cup
- Coconut chunks | 2 Tbsp
- Grated coconut | 2 Tbsp
- Ghee | 1 Tbsp
- Sesame seeds | 1 Tbsp
- Banana | 1
- Salt | 1/4 Tsp
- Cardamom powder | 1/2 Tsp
- Water | 1/4 cup
- Oil | for frying
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- In a bowl add semolina,all purpose flour and jaggery .
- Mix them well and close and keep it for atleast 2 hours.
Step – 2
- In a pan heat ghee in it.
- Add coconut chunks and roast till golden brown.
- Then in to this add grated coconut and sesame seeds.
- Roast them and keep it aside.
Step – 3
- After 2 hours , open the semolina mix and add water and loosen the batter.
- Add mashed banana, salt and cardamom powder. Mix them well
- Then add roasted coconut and mix well.
- Hear the appachatti pan and add oil for frying.
- Pour the batter and cook both sides.