Rava Kesari or Kesari Baath is a traditional south Indian sweet recipe which is easy to make and delicious at the same time. It is usually served as morning breakfast or even can be served as a dessert after lunch.
- Ghee | ½ Cup
- Cashew Nuts | ¼ Cup
- Raisins | ¼ Cup
- Semolina| ½ Cup
- Water | ½ Cup
- Milk | ½ Cup
- Sugar | 1 Cup
- Cardamom Powder | 1 tsp
- Saffron Strands
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- In a pan, add ghee.
- When the ghee is hot, add cashew nuts and raisins.
- Roast the cashew nuts and raisins in the ghee.
- Take it from the ghee and keep it aside.
Step – 2
- To the ghee, add semolina.
- Roast the semolina in ghee around three to five minutes.
Step – 3
- In a separate sauce pan, boil milk and water together.
- Add this boiled milk in to the roasted semolina and mix well.
- Bring this in to boil.
- Stir the mixture continuously until the mixture start separating from the pan.
Step – 4
- Add sugar in to the above mixture and give a good mix.
- When the sugar melts, the mixture will get loose.
- Stir continuously until it thickens and start separating from the pan.
Step – 5
- Add roasted cashew nuts and raisins to the above and give a mix.
- Transfer it in to square pan or can even serve as it.
- Sprinkle some saffron strands above it.
- You can cut the rava kesari once it all set or can even serve hot.