Qatayef with ashta also known as Arabic stuffed pancakes are a very popular dish during the holy month of Ramadan among the Arabs and mostly the middle-eastern people. It is a very popular Levantine dish with a really soft and creamy filling.
Pan, Spatula, Spoon.
- Flour – 1 cup
- Fine semolina/ rava- 1 cup(if you are using normal semolina, then just grind it and use it ).
- Granulated sugar- 2 tbsp
- Baking powder- 1 Tsp
- Instant yeast – 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1/4 Tsp
- Warm water – 21/2 cups
- Ground pistachio – 1/4 cup
- Ashta- 1 1/2 cup
- Whole milk – 1 cup
- Whipping cream/any other cream – 1 cup
- White bread with edges trimmed out – 3 slices
- Cornstarch/ corn flour/custard powder- 2 tbsp
- Finely crushed almonds – 1 tbsp