Pumpkin Curry is very simple and delicious recipe. Fennel seeds would give a varient taste to this curry. You just need only pumpkin curry to have your rice. Trust me guys its super tasty
Pressure cooker, Kadai
- Pumpkin | 250g
- Grated coconut | 1 cup
- Jeerakashala rice | 1 tbsp
- Onion | 1 small
- Fennel seeds | 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder | 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder | 1 tsp
- Salt | to taste
- Water | 1 1/2 cups
- Oil | 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds | 1 tsp
- Curry leaves | 7-8
- Dried red chilly | 2 nos
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- Chop pumpkin into cubes, put it in a pressure cooker and add turmeric powder, red chilly powder and salt.
- Add 1 cup water, Cook for 2 whistle and turn off the flame.
- Soak jeerakashala rice in water for 1/2 n hour.
Step – 2
- Take a mixi jar and add grated coconut,
- Soaked rice, sliced onion, fennel seeds and 1/2 cup of water.
- Grind it into thick paste.
Step – 3
- Open the cooker lid, add coconut mixture and turn on the flame.
- Add more water if there is no water.
- (Curry must be boiled for 10-15 mints, rice should get cooked).
- Boil the curry for 10-15 mints, until the curry thickens.
- (Stir continously without taking hand)
- Turn off the flame and its time for tampering
Step – 4
- Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds, allow it to splutter.
- Add curry leaves and red chilly and tamper the curry.