Prawns are the tastiest item in seafood recipe. Prawns are all time favorite of mine.My mom used to prepare prawns rice in lunchbox. Here is my moms delicious prawns rice recipe.
- Prawns | 1/2 kg
- Onion | 1 big
- Ginger garlic paste | 1 tsp
- Green chilly | 2
- Tomato | 1 medium
- Curry leaves
- Turmeric powder | 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder | 1/4 tsp
- Salt | to taste
- Ghee | 2tbsp
- Jeerakasala Rice(small grain rice) | 2 cups
- Water | 3 cups
- Coriander leaves
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- Cut prawns into small pieces and marinate it with salt, red chilly powder and turmeric powder.keep it for 10 minutes
- Heat ghee in a pan and add prawns n cook it for 5 minutes. To this add sliced onion, green chilly.and ginger-garlic paste,sauté it well.
- Boil the tomato and paste it. Add to the masala and mix it till well combined.
- Now pour 3 cups of water and let it boil properly.
- Add rice, curry leaves and cook covered in low flame until its done.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves. Serve hot