Steamed food is always good for health. Prawns idli shots is an easy and tasty snack which can be prepared for kids tiffin box too…The intense flavour of prawns would blast your taste buds.
Blender, Idli steamer, pan
- Prawns – 1/4kg
- Red chilly powder- 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil- 3 tbsp
- Onion- 2
- Ginger- 1-inch piece
- Green chilly- 3
- Curry leaves- 6 to 8leaves
- Coriander leaves- 2 tbsp
For Rice Batter
- Jeerakashala rice | 1 Cup
- Coconut grated- 1/2 cup
- Onion- 1 small
- Fennel seeds- 1/2 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Water- 1/2 – 1 Cup(to make a smooth batter)
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- Magnate the prawn with red chilly powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Keep it for 10minuted.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the prawns for 10 minutes. Keep it aside.
- Now add chopped onion to the same oil and saute it till soft.
- Add crushed ginger, green chilly and curry leaves and cook on low flame till the raw smell disappears.
- Add salt according to taste and add chopped coriander leaves.
- Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
Step – 2
- Soak jeerakashala rice for 3-4 hours.
- Grind rice, grated coconut, onion, fennel seeds together by adding salt and water. Make smooth and thin batter.
- Grease some oil in idli plates and pour rice batter (3/4 of the idli curves)
- Add a spoon full of prawns masala in the center and add 1 tsp of rice batter over it.
- Repeat the process to all idli plates.
- Keep water in an idli steamer and let it boil. Steam the idlis for 20min.
- Once the idli is ready, let it cool completely. Using a spoon slowly take it from the idli plates.
- Ready to serve and enjoy