Many of us love food that’s cooked in clay pot, it’s not just because it’s close to the natural way of cooking but it can bring the real essence of taste, we all must have tried this at least once but why not a dum Biriyani in a clay pot? Let start cooking this most original flavored dum biriyani you can ever have
Fry Pan, Cooking Pot
- Prawns | 1/2 kg
- Onion | 2 large
- Ginger garlic paste | 1 tbsp
- Tomato | 1 large
- Curry leaves | 10 leaves
- Coriander leaves | 2 tbsp
- Red chilly powder | 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder | 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala | 1 tbsp
- Salt | to taste
- Oil | 3 tbsp
- Jeerakasala rice | 2 cup
- Water | 3 1/2 cup
- Ghee | 2 tbsp
- Coconut oil | 1 tbsp
- Cardamom | 2
- Cinnamon | 1 small piece
- Peppercorns | 3-4
- Bay leaves | 1
- Clove | 2
- Salt | to taste
How to Cook!
- Clean the prawns, separate the head and keep it for boiling with rice water.
- Marinate prawns with red chilly powder, turmeric powder, and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the prawns both the sides. Keep it aside
- To the same oil add sliced onion and sauté until soft and golden brown
- Now add ginger garlic paste and sauté well and add chopped green chilly tomato and curry leaves.
- Mix well and cook closed until the masala is mushy. Add salt according to taste
- Add garam masala and fried prawns combine well. Cook it for another 5 minutes at low flame.
- Switch off the flame add chopped coriander leaves. Prawns masala is ready.
- Add water and prawns head together in a pan and let it boil.
- Once the prawns head is cooked strain it and add it to prawns masala.
- Now heat ghee and coconut oil in a casserole pan and add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, peppercorns, bay leaves and let it splutter.
- Add thinly sliced onion, sauté for 30 seconds and add the boiled water and salt.
- Now add the rice and let it cook in high flame until the water level and rice becomes same.
- Slimmer to very low flame and cook the rice until it’s done.
- Now heat a clay pot( Munchatti) with 1/2 tsp ghee and add a layer of ghee rice.
- Layer it with half of masala, again add rice and at the top put some chopped coriander leaves
- Close it with a tight lid or else use aluminum foil for covering and keep it in very low flame for 15-20 minutes.
- Ready to serve…..enjoy Prawns Chatti Biriyani…