Mutton recipes are all time treat for many family. Here is an super spicy and tasty Pepper Mutton recipe.
Grinder, Cooker, Chopping Board, Bowl, Chopping Knife, Spoon
- Mutton | 1/2 kg
- Cardamom | 3
- Cinnamon | 2 small piece
- Onion | 2 large
- Ginger garlic paste | 1 tbsp
- Tomato | 1 large
- Turmeric powder | 1 tsp
- Coriander powder | 1 tbs
- Garam masala powder | 1/2 tsp
- Pepper corns | 3 tbsp
- Fennel seed | 1/2 tbsp
- Curry leaves | 7-8 leaves
- Salt | to taste
- Oil | 4 tbsp
How to Cook!
- Clean the mutton and keep it to drain water
- First take a cooker and dry roast the pepper corns and fennel seeds until it become slight golden colour. Let it cool and grind into fine powder.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in cooker and add sliced onion and sauté till soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté well for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until mushy.
- Now transfer this masala into a grinder and add 3 tbsp water. Grind into smooth paste.
- To the cooker add 2 tbsp oil and splutter cardamom and cinnamon.
- Now add masala paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder, give a good mix.
- Add cleaned mutton into this and add salt according to taste. Close the cooker lid.
- After one whistle slimmer the flame and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once it’s done open the lid and add required amount of water( as per your gravy consistency)boil it for another 5 minutes.
- Now add grounded pepper fennel powder and give a good mix. Let the gravy become thick.
- At last add curry leaves and switch off the flame.
- Put the cooker lid and allow it to sit for another 5 minutes, let the masala combine well.
- Our spicy and tasty pepper mutton is ready to serve.. enjoy it with paratha/ bread