Parippu Pradhaman is a traditional dessert of Kerala and specially prepared during Onam. it is a sweet and healthy dessert because it contains 0% sugar. So let’s try out this easy and yummy recipe of Parippu pradhaman…
- Cherupayar Paripp/Moong Dal – 1cup
- Jaggery- 1cup
- Grated coconut – 2 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt-1 pinch
- Cumin Powder – 1 pinch
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Coconut pieces/ Thengakothu – 1 tbsp
- Cashew nut chopped – 10-15 nos
How to Cook!
- In a fry pan roast half of the Dal.
- After the half Dal is roasted well, add another half and roast .
- Cook the roasted Dal and keep it aside.
- To the grated coconut add enough quantity of water and extract thick coconut milk and runny coconut milk.
- Melt the jaggery using ½ a cup of water.
- Now let ’s start combining…….
- Add cooked Dal and jaggery in a vessel and combine well until the jaggery mixture gets thickened.
- To this add runny coconut milk and cook until the mixture thickens.
- To this add the thick coconut milk.
- When the above mixture is boiled , add cardamom powder , salt and cumin powder to it and take it off from the flame.
- Take a frying pan and roast coconut pieces and cashew nuts in the ghee and pour this above the dessert and mix well.
- You can garnish the Parippu Pradhaman using roasted cashew nuts before serving