Soups are very good for our health. Today I thought of sharing an easy but twice healthy recipe of an oats soup. Here we need not use any flour like all-purpose flour or corn flour to thicken the soup as the oats in the recipe will do the job.
This recipe is a vegetarian one but you could use the same recipe for making a chicken soup also, just add cooked chicken to the recipe, and also you can add chicken broth instead of water which will make the soup much tastier.
- Oats- ¼ cup
- Carrot*- 1/8 cup
- Cabbage*- 1/8 cup
- Potato*- 1/8 cup
- Butter- 2 tbsp
- Garlic paste- ½ tsp
- Pepper powder- ½ tsp
- Mixed Italian herbs- ½ tsp
- Water- 1 ½ to 2 cups
- Salt- to taste
- *Note- the vegetable are chopped to tiny pieces and then measured.
- In a sauce pan, heat the butter and sauté the garlic paste for about 1 minute.
- Add the oats and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- To it,add the finely chopped vegetables and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Now,add required salt and pepper powder.
- Add the water and bring the mixture to a boil. You can see the soup thickens.
- Finally,add the Italian herbs and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Note: You could always add vegetables that are available in your kitchen.
Instead of mixed Italian herbs, you could use oregano or skip adding any.
If the herbs are not available try adding a little-chopped coriander.
Tweak the seasonings according to your taste.
Tip: You can add a little olive oil to the pan before butter to prevent it from burning.