N’ oven Black Forest Cake
I believe chocolate cakes are almost everyone’ s favorite, and what if it is a moist, creamy and yummy black forest cake? Sweet, right? Exactly. And as an added bonus it is made completely without the whole fuss of an oven .So all of you out there who was grieving about not having an oven here comes your savior, and that too in shining armor( personally I think chocolate can make everything better, and recently I found out that science also thinks the same. What a like thinking
So without any further blabbering, check out this delicious recipe.
I hope you like this. Fingers crossed.
Egg beater, Large bowl, Heavy bottomed pan
- Egg| 5
- Sugar| 8 tbsp
- Flour| 1 cup
- Cocoa powder| 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence| 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder| 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda| 1/4 tsp
- Vegetable oil| 3/4 cup
- Whipping powder | 100 gm or as required
- Chocolate shavings | as required
- Cherries| as required
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- Beat together the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence until soft peak forms.
- Sieve together the dry ingredients two times.
- Reduce the speed of the egg beater to the minimum and gradually add the vegetable oil.
- Add the dry to the wet, i.e. add the flour-cocoa mix to the beaten eggs.
- Use a thick bottomed sauce pan, preferably non-stick with a tight airtight lid. Brush the pan with a little oil.
- Pour the cake batter on to the pan. Cover the pan.
- Cook on very low flame for 40-45 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes clean.
- Remove the cake onto a wire rack and let it cool completely.
Step – 2
- Prepare the whipped cream as per the instructions on the box. Chill it.
- To prepare sugar syrup, add a few tablespoons of sugar to equal amount of water. Boil it for a few minutes until all the sugar crystals are dissolved.
- When the cake is cooled, slice it into 2 or 3 equal portions in thickness wise.
- Brush the sugar syrup onto each layer. Make sure not to use too much syrup. You want the cake to be moist, not soggy.
- Spread 1/4th portion of the whipped cream on top of the bottom layer.
- Place the second layer then again spread another 1/4th portion of the cream.
- Finally place the third layer of cake and using the remaining whipped cream, chocolate shavings and cherries to decorate and finish the whole cake.
- Refrigerate the cake for 3-4 hours.
- Voila, your black forest cake is ready to be served.
- I have used only very little sugar for this recipe, if you have a sweet tooth you could always increase the sugar quantity. But make sure you take into account the sweetness from the sugar syrup as well.
- You can use the same recipe and bake it in an oven at 180c for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes clean.