My husband loves mushrooms to the core. So when he goes for weekly shopping there would be a box of mushroom..It is the best substitute for chicken in the kitchen. Here is a delicious recipe for mushroom pea masala which goes yummy with Chapatti / Bread.
Saucepan, Cutting Board, Knife, Grinder, Spoon
- Mushroom | 2cup
- Green pea | 1/2 cup (frozen or precooked)
- Onion | 1
- Ginger Garlic paste | 1 tablespoon
- Tomato | 1
- Green chilly | 2
- Cardamom | 3
- Cumin seeds | ¼ tsp
- Red chilly powder | 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder | 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder | 1/4tsp
- Garam masala | 1/4tsp
- Pepper powder | 1 tsp
- Cashew | 1/4 cup
- Cooking Oil | 2 Tbsp
- Salt | To taste
- Coriander leaves
Let’s Start …
- Soak the cashews for 15 minutes and make a smooth paste.Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter cardamom and cumin seeds. Add chopped onion and let it cook till soft.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell goes. To this add chopped tomatoes and green chillies, sauté it till the oil separates.
- Now add the red chilly powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder,garam masala powder and cook until all blend together.
- Add green peas to this masala and cook until its done. To this add sliced mushroom and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 or 3 tbsp of water and cook for another 3 minutes and add pepper powder.
- Now add cashew paste and combine well. Top it with coriander leaves and serve hot.