Muringayila chakkakkuru thoran (Drumstick leaves- jackfruit seeds thoran)
This drumstick leaves – jackfruit seeds thoran is a powerhouse of nutrients. Both jackfruit seeds and drumstick leaves contains lots of health benefits. The seeds contain nutrients, vitamins and lots of minerals. Did you know that the jackfruit seeds can cure both mental stress and skin diseases? Drumstick leaves are also not far behind. They help you with many medical conditions both internally and externally. So are you not interested in trying out this recipe which contains both the super foods?
Jackfruit seeds – drumstick leaves thoran
- Muringayila (Drumstick leaves) – 1 ½ cup
- Chakkakkuru (Jackfruit seeds) – 15
- Garlic (crushed) – 6 cloves
- Green chilies – 2
- Onion (Sliced) – ½
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Coconut grated – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- Scrape the outer skin of the jackfruit seeds and clean it with water.
- Cut the seeds into round pieces.
- Cook the seeds with enough salt and turmeric powder in a pan or pressure cooker (for 3 to 4 whistles) until done.
Step – 2
- Wash the drumstick leaves and drain out excess water.
- Mix the grated coconut and drumstick leaves.
Step – 3
- In a pan or vessel splutter the mustard seeds and lightly sauté the garlic, green chilies and onion.
- Add the cooked jackfruit seeds (only the seeds, don’t add water) and slightly mash it. Don’t over do it.
- Add the mixed coconut and drumstick leaves.
- Add enough salt and mix everything properly.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Serve this delicious jackfruit seeds – drumstick leaves thoran with rice.