Mini Bondas are one of the famous street side snacks of south India. Crispy and fluffy bondas with potato filling is really awsome and tasty, with a cup of tea. Actually it is the south Indian version of maharashtra’s famous batata vada. These snack is really easy to make and you guys will definitely love it.
- Potato | 2 large
- Onion | 1
- Green chilly | 2
- Ginger | 1-inch piece
- Curry leaves | 7-8
- Maida | 1cup
- Salt | to taste
- Oil | 2 tablespoon(extra oil to fry )
- Mustard seeds | 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder | 1/2teaspoon
- Water | as required
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- Cut and Boil the potatoes by adding salt and turmeric powder in enough water.
- Peel and mash the potatoes and keep it aside.
Step – 2
- Take a pan and add oil in to it. Then add mustard seeds allow to spruttle
- Add choppped onion, ginger, green chillies and curry leaves and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Now add mashed potatoes into it and give a good mix.
- Add salt if needed.
Step – 3
- Make a batter with maida ,water and pinch of salt.(the batter should not be neither thick nor too loose)
- Now start Making very small balls with the potato mixture and dip each balls in the batter and fry it in medium hot oil until the bondas are golden colour.
Crispy, hot and tasty mini bondas are ready