Tres Leches means three milk in spanish. Why this cake got this name? This cake recipe is a combination of three milks namely whole fat milk, condensed milk and heavy cream. The cake is soaked in this three milk mixture to make it extra soft. This cake is believed to be originated from Mexico, they got wide varieties of Tres Leches Cake.
As this is the season of mangoes and almost all love this fruit, I thought of making the Tres Leches Cake with Mango flavour. And everyone in the house loved this rich flavoured Mango Tres Leches Cake.
Mango Tres Leches Cake is a super tasty and easy recipe. Usually Tres leches cakes are made by separating egg whites and yolks. I made this recipe super easy. You don’t need to separate egg whites and yolks. All you need is to beat the ingredients step by step. And trust me, this cake is super moist and when soaked in milk mixture turns out to be super soggy and flavourful too.
Usually classic Tres Leches Cakes have flavours of a little cinnamon on top and a lot of milk soaked in it. This Mango Tres Leches Cake stands different because it is soaked in rich creamy mixture of Mangoes and it is topped with fresh Mangoes for better taste and texture.
This Mango Tresh Leches Cake is super quick to make, all the time required is for soaking the Cake. But soaking needs no effort from your side. Leave the cake in the milk mixture around 2-4 hours until well soaked.
You can top the soaked Tres Leches Cake with some whipped cream and fresh mangoes. And the fun part is the garnishing side. This is the stage where you can show your creative side.
Cake Tin, Deep Pan, Bowl
- Egg | 3 Nos
- Powdered Sugar | 1 Cup
- Salt | ¼ tsp
- Oil | ½ Cup
- Baking Powder | 1 tsp
- Vanilla Essence | ¼ tsp
- All Purpose Flour | 1 ¼ Cups
For Milk Mixture
- Heavy Cream | ½ Cup
- Mango Puree | 1/3 Cup
- Condensed Milk | 1/8 Cup
- Milk | ¼ Cup
- Heavy Cream | ½ Cup (Approx)
- Fresh Mangoes
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- In a bowl, add eggs, powdered sugar and salt.
- Beat this using an electric mixture until it is pale yellow in colour.
- Add Oil, Baking Powder and Vanilla Essence to the mixture.
- Beat this until creamy and white in colour.
- Add All-purpose flour little by little and beat until combined. Don’t over beat the batter.
- Transfer the batter to a Cake Tin.
- Bake this in a preheated stove top around 20-25 minutes.
Step – 2
- In a bowl, add heavy cream, mango puree and condensed milk.
- Mix it well until well combined.
- To this add milk and mix well.
- Refrigerate this mixture around half an hour until the cake cools down.
Step – 3
- Pour the Mixture over the cake and let it soak around 2 hours at least until all the mixture is absorbed by the cake.
- This will sometimes take around four hours maximum.
Step – 4
- Whip around half cup of heavy cream in a bowl.
- While whipping the heavy cream, make sure that the cream is cold. And for better result, place the bowl of cream above a bowl of ice cubes.
- Top the soaked caked with whipped cream and garnish with fresh mangoes.