Malabar Egg Dessert is a very classic and traditional dessert of Malabar region locally called Muttamaala-Pinjaanathappam.It is made entirely with eggs.Iam sure that you will fall in love with it once you taste it… Actually my grandmother taught me.After many attempts I made a perfect one.Try it and let me know about your’s through comments.
Deep cooking pan
- Sugar-2 cups
- Cardamom powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Milk powder-1 cup
- Water-2 cup
How to Make
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks.
- Take a deep cooking pan ,add sugar and water in to it.let it boil.
- Make a small hole in egg shell at the bottom and allow the egg yolks to fall in to the pan through it.(by this you will get long threads of egg yolks)
- Cook the egg yolk threads in sugar syrup.Repeat the process with whole egg yolks.
- Keep the egg yolk threads(muttamaala) aside.
- Mix the egg whites,milk powder,cardamom powder and sugar using a juicer(u can use the same sugar syrup because after cooking all egg yolk it will be in condensed form)
- Steam this mix for 20-30 minutes until it is perfectly cooked.
- Egg white pudding(pinjaanathappam) is ready
- Take a serving dish and place egg white pudding on to it.And place egg yolk threads on the top and serve it hot.