Lychee Panna Cotta is an Italian simple dessert which is delicious and yummy.The preparation is very easy and takes only a little of our time. Panna Cotta can be prepared in any flavor and Lychee Panacotta is something I tried and turns out to be very Yum! Lychee Panna Cotta with Pomegranate sauce is yum beyond words……..
For Lychee Panna Cotta
- Fresh Lychee – 2 Cups (seed removed)
- Milk– ½ Cup
- Unflavored Gelatin– 1 ½ tsp (Soaked in 1 tbsp water )
- Granulated sugar– 1/3 Cup
- Vanilla extract– ½ tsp
- Heavy Cream– 1 ¼ Cup
For Pomegranate Sauce
- Pomegranate – 2 big
- Sugar – ½ Cup
- Fresh Lychees – ½ Cup(seed removed)
How to Cook!
- Blend the lychee pulp in a blender.
- Strain the juice through a sieve pressing hard on solids and keep it aside.
- In a deep saucepan, add milk and gelatin and bring to a boil.
- Just before it gets boiled, add Lychee puree and sugar to it and stir continuously for 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and heavy cream to the above, stirring continuously.
- Cool down the mixture by placing it over an ice box and keep on stirring.
- Pour the mixture into the silicone mold and refrigerate it for 4 hours.
- Break the pomegranate and take out the arils.
- In a blender, blend well the pomegranate arils.
- Strain the juice using a sieve and keep it aside.
- In a pan add pomegranate juice and add sugar to it.
- Stir continuously until the juice thickens and the sugar gets dissolved completely.
- Add fresh lychee to this and give a mix.
- Refrigerate about an hour.
- Unmold the Panna Cotta after 4 hours.
- Pour the Pomegranate sauce over it and enjoy.