Lamington cake is the square cut sponge cake dipped in chocolate and rolled in desiccated coconut.This is a traditional Australian treat with a distinctive texture, that nobody can skip the taste..Very simple yet delicious..
Electric Oven, Beater
- Egg | 3 nos.
- Sugar | 1 cup
- Plain Flour | 1 cup
- Baking powder | 1 Tsp
- Milk | 1/2 cup
- Butter | 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence| 1 Tsp
- Whipping cream | 200 g
- Chocolate chips|200 g
- Desiccated coconut-2 cups( for coating)
For the Cake
- Take a bowl, add eggs and sugar, beat it using an electric mixer until creamy.
- Sift plain flour and baking powder and add it to the creamy mixture, fold it slowly.
- Heat milk in a pan and add butter and vanilla essence.
- Add hot milk and butter to the cake batter and fold until well combined.
- Bake it at 180c at 25 to 35 minute
- Take a saucepan and add whipping cream and bring it to boil.
- Pour it into chocolate chips and wait for 5 minutes.
- Mix until the chocolate melts. Your ganache is ready..
- Cut the cake into small square pieces. Dip it in chocolate ganache and roll it in desiccated coconut and continue the process.