Koosa Pulinkari (Marrow Buttermilk Curry) Recipe
Equipment 1, Equipment 2, Equipment 3
- 250 gm marrow (koosa)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1½ cup thin coconut milk
- 2 green chilies, slit
- ½ cup thick coconut milk
- 1 tsp rice powder
- ¾ cup thick yogurt, whipped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp fenugreek seeds
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 dried chilies
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
How to Cook!
- Peel and chop the marrow. Mix the turmeric, red chilli and salt into it and keep marinated for 15 minutes.
- Add the thin coconut milk and green chillies and cook till the marrows are almost done.
- Mix the rice flour into the thick coconut milk. Add to the curry and cook till the curry starts to thicken.
- Add the yogurt and cook for another minute. Switch off. Do not boil after adding the yogurt.
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Fry the fenugreek seeds briefly.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook till the raw smell of garlic is gone. Pour into curry and close the lid. Leave for 10 minutes undisturbed.
- Mix and serve warm with rice!