Sardine fish( locally called chaala) is packed with a large amount of calcium and vitamin D.It is really good .So let’s make a simple curry with it.Sardine fish curry with goodness of malabar spices.
- Sardine fish-1/2 kg(cleaned)
- Onion-1 small
- Green chilly-2 nos
- Tomato-3 nos
- Fenugreek seeds(methi,uluva)-1 teaspoon
- Dried malabar tamarind(kudampuli)-3 pm
- Coconut oil-3 tablespoon
- Red chilly powder-1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder-1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves-a handful
- Salt to taste
How to Cook!
- Heat oil in a cooking dish(i used the traditional claypot)
- Add fenugreek seeds in to it,after its splutters add the garlic and onion.
- Cook until it becomes brown
- Add the green chillies and tomatoes.
- Stir well and cook until it is softened.
- Add red chilly powder,coriander powder and turmeric powder and cook well.
- Now,add boiling water ( quantity depends on how much you need gravy)
- Then add the malabar tamarind and salt to taste.
- When it condense,add fish in to it.
- Mix well and cook it for 5-6 minutes(close the dish with a lid) in a medium flame.
- Finally, add the curry leaves .And pour it in to a serving dish.
- Very tasty sardine fish curry is ready.It goes too good with rice,tapioca fry,puttu …and many.Give a try .