Kannur White Pola is a healthy breakfast menu which is usually served with a mix of banana, coconut milk and sugar. But can also be served together with any curry of your choice. Chicken curry goes really well with this Kannur White pola. There are a lot of recipes for Kannur White Pola. Here am with an easy and no fail recipe which my mom found out after many attempts of failure. So here it is…
- Parboil Rice | 1 Cup
- Raw Rice | 1 Cup
- Urad Dal | 1tbsp
- Coconut Water | 2 Cups
- Sugar | 2 tbsp
- Pappad | 3 No.
- Yeast | ¼ tsp
How to Cook!
- Wash both Parboil rice and raw rice nicely and soak in luke warm water overnight.
- In another bowl, add uraad dal,coconut water,sugar,pappad,yeast,salt and mix well.
- Keep the above mixture as is it overnight.
- Strain water from rice.
- In a blender,add uraad dal mixture and rice and grind in to a smooth paste.
- If needed add quarter cup of water in between to get a dosa like batter.
- Keep the batter for fermentation around five hours.
- Without mixing the batter, transfer the batter in to a greased vessel.
- Steam it for 20 minutes in medium flame.
- Serve it with the coconut milk-banana-sugar mixture or you can even serve hot with any curry of your choice.
Do try this recipe and write me feedback.