Kadhi Pakora is a tantalizingly sour yogurt dumplings.If you like the pakoras, then you will love this tangy, mildly spicy and creamy curry,with the pakoras simmerd in the sour curry.
Deep pan, Fry pan
For Besan Pakora
1/2 Cup Besan (gram flour)
1/2 Cup finely chopped (or 1 medium) Onion
1 Green Chilli, seeded and finely chopped
A small pinch of Baking Soda
1/3 Cup + 1 tablespoon Water
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
1 Cup Sour Curd (Yogurt)
1/4 Cup Besan (Gram Flour)
1½ Cups Water
1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
Salt to Taste
2 Tablespoons Oil
1/4 Teaspoon Fenugreek Seeds
1/4 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
1/4 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
1/2 Teaspoon grated Ginger
2 Dry Red Kashmiri Chillies
1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
1 Tablespoon Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
How to Cook!
For Making Besan Pakora:
- Mix 1/2 cup gram flour, chopped onion, chopped green chilli, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Add water (approx. 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon) in small quantities and make a very thick batter (like idli batter).
- Alongside ,heat oil in a small frying pan on medium flame.
- Take a spoonful of batter in between your fingers or in a spoon and carefully drop it in oil.
- Drop 5-6 pakoras in a single batch. Deep fry them until medium brown and crispy.
- Drain and transfer on a plate having kitchen paper napkin on it and keep aside.
- Follow the same process for remaining batter.Keep the pakoras aside.
For Making Dahi Kadhi
- Beat curd and 1/4 cup gram flour in a bowl with hand beater or blender.
- Add 1½ cups water, turmeric powder, and salt. Blend all ingredients using the hand blender until a smooth batter.
- Ensure that there are no lumps.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium size deep pan over medium flame.
- To it add mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- When they splutter add cumin seeds and grated ginger; sauté for 20-30 seconds.
- Now add prepared curd-flour batter and mix well.
- Cook on medium flame until the raw smell of gram flour goes away or for approx. 8-10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally in between to prevent sticking (If mixture becomes very thick, add 1/2 cup more water and cook more for 3-4 minutes)
- It should have a pouring consistency.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small tempering pan on low flame. When the oil is medium hot enough, remove tempering pan from flame and add dry red chilli and red chilli powder.
- Immediately pour it over the prepared kadhi.
- Submerge the deep fried pakoras, mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot and enjoy!!