Kadala parippu shots or biscuits
The kadala parippu shots or biscuits are a healthier alternative to your regular biscuits which contains maida or flour. This can be stored for up to a week in an air tight container and even more if refrigerated. So do try this healthier alternative for you as well as your kids.
Mixer jar, steamer, idli pan, frying pan
- Kadala parippu- 150g
- Egg- 3
- Sugar- 150g
- Ghee- 3 tbsp
- Oil- 1/4 cup (approximately, for frying)
How to Cook!
Step – 1
Wash and rinse the kadala parippu properly.
Soak the kadala parippu in water overnight or for a minimum of 6 hours.
Step – 2
- Prepare the steamer.
Step – 3
- Grind the soaked kadala parippu with eggs and sugar in a mixer jar until pureed.
Step – 4
Place the idli pan on top of the steamer and brush with oil.
Pour a little bit of the batter in each idli holes. (Don’t pour the batter like idlis, you need to pour only till quarter to half.)
Steam for about 5 minutes or until the shots look ready.
Once you have steamed all the shots, let it cool down for some time.
Step – 5
- In a frying pan add both the oil and ghee.
- Once it become hot fry the shots, flip once in a while.
- When they start to brown a little remove from the oil and put on a napkin or kitchen paper.
- This can be stored for a few days in air tight containers and even more in refrigerator.
- Enjoy with your evening tea or coffee and give this as snack to your children in school.