Kaay Nirachath ( Stuffed Banana)
Kaay nirachath or stuffed banana is a cheat version of the Malabar favorite snack kaay ada or unnakkai. With this recipe you can get free from the trouble of grinding and shaping the cooked bananas. But whenever you feel like eating kaay ada you can make this version and be more than satisfied with the outcome. Like kaay ada you can make this also with egg filling or coconut filling.
- Medium Ripe Bananas– 2
- Sugar-3 tbsp
- CardamonPowder – 1/2 tsp
- CashewNuts – 8 -10
- Raisins – a few
- Ghee– 3 tbsp
- Oil– For frying
*If you want to avoid eggs use 3/4th cup of grated coconut along with all the other ingredients instead of eggs.
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- Cut each banana into two lengthwise.
- Give 2-3 slits length wise on the bananas leaving about half an inch space on both ends.
- Deep fry the bananas until they turn color into a slight brown on all sides and take them out on a kitchen towel or tissue paper.
Step – 2
- In a pan add ghee and heat it up.
- Fry the cashews and raisins and set apart.
- In the same ghee, add egg, sugar and cardamom powder. (If you are using coconut use that instead of eggs and follow the same steps.)
- Scramble the eggs for around 5 min until dry.
- Mix the fried cashews and raisins in to the scrambled eggs.
Step – 3
- Let both the bananas and filling come to room temperature.
- You can begin filling the scrambled eggs into the bananas through the slits made on each of the bananas.
- Your stuffed banana or kaay nirachath is ready to be served.