Christmas is coming, forgot to soak your dry fruits. No worries.. here is an perfect plum cake recipe for you.. Here I have used garam masala to give our plum cake a special flavor. Believe me guys its super tasty and moist cake recipe..
Hand Blender, Pressure cooker
- Eggs | 2 nos
- Sugar | 3/4cup + 1/4 cup
- Maida | 1 cup
- Baking powder | 1 tsp
- Salt | 1/4 tsp
- Water | 1/2 cup
- Oil | 1/4 cup
- Black raisins + dried cranberries | 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence | 1/4 tsp
- Pineapple essence | 2 drops
- Garam masala powder | 1/2 tsp
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- Take a pan and add 3/4 cup sugar, heat at very low flame until the sugar melts and turn golden brown.
- Add water gradually and keep stirring.
- Allow it to boil and turn off the flame.
- Keep it aside for cooling
Step – 2
- Add room temperature eggs into a bowl,add 1/4 cup sugar, beat it for 6-7 minutes using hand blender.
- Add oil, pineapple essence and vanilla essence give a good mix.
Step – 3
- Sift maida, baking powder, garam masala and salt together.
- Gradually fold into the wet ingredients.
- At last add the caramelized sugar and combine well without any lumbs.
- Now add black raisins and dried cranberries into the cake mix.
Step – 4
- Take a butter paper lined cake tin, pour the batter into it. Tap the tin for 2-3 times, to release the air bubbles.
- Take a cooker, add 1 cup of salt and place a steel rack over it.
- Now close the lid and remove the whistle, heat it for 5 minutes at high flame.
- Place the cake tin and bake it for 40 – 50 min at medium flame.
Allow it to cool and enjoy.