French macarons ,the confectionery beauties, have a chewy texture in your mouth and can be filled with anything from frosting like jam, buttercream and ganache etc.
- Confectioners’ sugar – 2 cups
- Almond flour – 1 cup
- Room temperature egg whites – 3 large
- Salt – 1/8tsp
- Granulated sugar – 3 Tablespoons
- Color of your choice – ½ tsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
For Chocolate Whipped Cream
- Heavy cream– 1 cup
- Confectioner’s sugar– 4 tbsp
- Vanilla extract– 1 tsp
- Cocoa powder– 2 tbsp
How to start!
- Place the sugar and almond flour in a blender and blend for 30 seconds until fine in texture. Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites and salt together on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Switch to high speed and beat until stiff peaks form about 3 minutes.gently fold in the sifted granulated sugar, 1 Tablespoon at a time.
- On low speed, beat in any flavor or color2 at this point. Do not overmix.
- After fitting your piping bag with the piping tip. Line 2-3 baking sheets
- Fill the piping bag with the batter and pipe evenly sized rounds onto the baking sheets, around 2-inch circles.
- Gently tap the bottom of the baking sheets on your counter to rid any large air bubbles.
- Let the piped rounds sit for at least 45 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- The air will help the rounds set and form a dry shell.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Bake the macarons for 10 minutes, one baking sheet at a time.
For making chocolate whipped cream
- Combine all the ingredients in a stand mixer bowl.
- Use the whisk beater and whip at high speed till soft peaks are formed.Take two macarons and stuff the desired filling in between these to macarons