Happiness is a delicious dessert after dinner .This french apple cake is perfect for your dinner parties.The moist and soft cake and the pieces of apple you get in every bite is an amazing experience .Topped them with crunchy heavy cream and caramel sauce .They are so good together .The perfect balance of sweetness and perfect texture of the cake will make you its fan.This is a very easy three layer pudding recipe .I made this for my dinner party and everyone loved it .French apple cake is a definition of simplicity .They are very traditional .And I gave a twist to it by topping it with heavy cream and caramel sauce .Apples and caramel sauce are made for eachother .They are so perfect together .So do try this recipe and enjoy .
French Apple Cake
- Softened Butter | 1/2 Cup
- Sugar | 1/3 Cup
- Egg | 2
- Cake Flour | 1/2 Cup
- Baking Powder | 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon Powder | 1/4 tsp
- Salt | a pinch
- Apple | 2
- Sugar | 1/4 Cup
- Nuts | 1/2 Cup
- Heavy Cream | 1 Cup
- Sugar | 1/4 Cup
- Butter | 1 tbsp
- Fresh Cream | 1/4 Cup
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- In a mixing bowl, add softened butter and sugar.
- Beat this until combined and frothy.
- To this add eggs one by one and beat until well combined. Ready with wet ingredients
Step – 2
- Now dry ingredients, In a bowl, add cake flour.
- To this add baking powder, Cinnamon powder and little salt.
- Mix this all together. Keep it ready
Step – 3
- Add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients little by little and fold.
- Peel and cube the apples.
- Add this to the batter and combine well.
- Transfer this to a greased cake mould and bake at 180 degree Celsius for 40-45 minutes.
- Cut the cake once cooled and layer it as the base layer in a pudding dish.
Step – 4
- In a pan, spread sugar and let it caramelise at a low flame.
- Spread nuts on top of it and transfer this to a baking paper.
- Once cool down, separate it from the baking paper.
- Grind it in a grinder and keep it aside.
- Beat the heavy cream until soft peeks are formed.
- To this add half of the crushed caramelised nuts and give a mix.
- Spread it above the cake layer evenly and keep it in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Step – 5
- In a sauce pan, add sugar and let it caramelises in low flame.
- Once it turned light brown colour, add butter and mix until well combined.
- To this add fresh cream and give a good mix.
- Top this over the second layer and refrigerator atleast 1 hour.