Rich-en up your simple rice at lunch into this healthy and tasty recipe. Egg-Veg Rice requires only a few ingredients which are readily available at home. Lovely look and aroma of the dish leaves you no reason to skip the lunch…Let’s have an awesome lunchtime.
Equipment 1, Equipment 2, Equipment 3
- Ghee | 3 tbsp
- Cinnamon | 1 small piece
- Cardamom | 2
- Clove | 2
- Bay leaves | 1
- Onion | 1 chopped
- Ginger garlic paste | 2 tsp
- Green chillies | 4
- Tomato | 1 small
- Potato | 1
- Carrot | 1
- French beans | 6
- Green peas | 1/4 cup
- Kaima Rice(Small grain rice) | 2 cup
- Coriander leaves | 1/2 cup
- Boiled Water | 3 cup
- Salt | to taste
- Pepper | 1 tsp
- Eggs | 2
How to Cook!
- Heat oil in a pan and add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaves. Let it splutter.
- Now add the chopped onion and saute until soft and golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, chopped Green Chillies and tomato. Saute until oil separates.
- Add cubed carrots, potatoes, french beans and green peas, mix well with the sautee. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes
- When the vegetables are half cooked add the rice and chopped coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Add the boiled water and salt to it and cook covered until done. ( simmer the flame once the rice and water level becomes equal )
- Heat oil in a pan. Crackle the eggs,add pepper and salt(required to taste for eggs). Scramble the eggs.
- Once the rice is cooked add the scrambled eggs and coriander leaves, mix well and cook covered for another 2 minutes.
Easy and tasty Egg-Veg Rice is ready to serve!!