Spongy and fluffy cake and dried fruits in every single bite – this is my all time favourite.This is my mom’s secret recipe .She make this delicious loaf cake and used to sent it to my hostel . I really love the texture and always enjoy it with a cup of strong black coffee .The caramel sauce added to the cake give a different flavour and texture to the cake .They are too good .And this is a very simple recipe.You can use any kind of dried fruits or nuts in it .I used dried kiwis,orange,pineapple,
raisins.If you want you can also add dry fruits like cashews and almonds in this .This cake is reach and full of flavours .
- All Purpose Flour | 1 Cup
- Baking Powder | 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala | 1 tsp
- Salt | 1/4 tsp
- Egg | 2
- Sugar | 3/4 cup
- Butter | 50 g
- Vegetable oil | 1/4 cup
- Black Raisins | 1/2 Cup
- Dried Mix Fruits | 1/4 cup
- Sugar | 1/2 cup
- Water | 1/8 cup
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- In a bowl, add All purpose flour, Baking Powder, Garam Masala and Salt.
- Mix this all together and keep it aside.
Step – 2
- In a pan, add sugar and let it stand until caramalised.
- Make sure that you are doing this process at a low flame.
- Once the sugar is caramalised, add water and stir until combined.
- Transfer this to a bowl and keep it aside.
Step – 3
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs and sugar.
- Whisk this for a minute until well combined.
- To this, add softened butter and whisk it to the eggs nicely.
- Add vegetable oil and whisk everything together.
- To this add, half of the dry ingredients and fold it nicely.
- Add the prepapred caramel sauce and combine well.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients saving around a tablespoon.
- Fold it all together nicely.
Step – 4
- To the saved dry ingredient, add black raisins and dried fruit.
- Coat it all over the dry fruits.
- Add this to the prepared batter and fold it to the batter.
- Transfer this to a greased baking mould.
- Bake this at 180 degree Celsius in a preheated over for 40-45 minutes.