Have a spoon of this delicious dates lemon combo pickle with your favorite dish!. It goes well with biriyani, chapathi and almost anything and everything tastes better with a little spoon of pickle!!.
Here’s how i made this tasty dates lemon pickle:
Pan, Wooden spoon, Glass jar
- Lemon – 15 nos.
- Dates – 25 chopped
- Ginger – 4 tbsp chopped
- Garlic – 2 bulb whole chopped
- Kashmiri Chilly Powder – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek Powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Vinegar – 1/4 cup
- Sesame Oil or coconut oil -1/4 cup
- water -1 cup
- Wash the lemon properly and dry it with a clean cloth.
- Boil water in a steamer and steam the lemon for 2 minutes. When it gets cool, cut each of them into 4 pieces.
- Heat 1/4cup of oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds .Add chopped ginger and garlic into it. Fry until it becomes golden brown .
- Add chopped dates,fry it 2-3minutes
- Add kashmiri chilly powder ,turmeric powder and fenugreek powder into it and stir well in a low flame.
- Now add vinegar to this and let it boil.
- Once the vinegar boils, add water .Then add lemon pieces, salt and again mix it well.
- Switch off the flame.Tasty Lemon and Dates Pickle is ready