Dates really help to improve bone health and it promotes beautiful skin tone. My daughter loves Dates cake. So I am baking a simple and tasty cake for her.
Equipment 1, Equipment 2, Equipment 3
- 500gm | Dates chopped
- 50g | Butter
- 1/4cup | Vegetable oil
- 1/2cup | Sugar
- 1/2cup | Water + 1/2cup | Sugar (to caramelise)
- 1 1/2cup | All purpose flour
- 1 1/2tsp | Baking powder
- 1/4tsp | Salt
- 2 | Eggs
- 1tbsp | Vanilla extract
How to Cook!
- Sift together flour, baking powder & salt.
- In a pan add sugar and caramelise it.
- When it browns, add water
- Add dates, butter, oil and sugar,Cook well.
- When it cools, blend & keep it aside
- Beat eggs well until thick and pale
- Fold the beaten egg to the dates mix little by little
- Then sift in the flour mix
- Transfer the batter onto the prepared pan
- Bake @ 180C for 50-60 mins in the preheated oven