We,Indians actually share a very umbilical -like connection with daal. We usually add it in our vegetable and even in fish curries. Actually daal is a good source of protein,essential amino acids,potassium and lot more.It helps to lower cholesterol and control sugar level.
In history,daal is served as as celebratory meal during Mughal rule and all.so its just not daal its superstar daal. So lets make a royal dish with this superstar,daal fry…
- Daal-1 cup
- Green chilly-2
- Garlic-1 Tablespoon
- Cumin-1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilly powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder-1/2 powder
- Coconut milk(thick) -1/2 cup
- Coconut oil-2 tablespoon
- Water -to cook daal.
- Curry leaves
- Salt-to taste
How to Cook!
- Dry roast the daal for 5 minutes.(put the flame on low flame)
- Add enough water to cook daal.Add onion,tomato,green chillies,turmeric,red chilly and coriander powder in to it.
- Cook daal until it is cooked on high flame
- When the water boils,put the flame low and evaporate all the water content.
- Add salt,coconut milk in to it.cook until the coconut milk boils.
- Put off the flame
- Heat a pan and add oil,saute garlic and curry leaves in it.
- Then pour it over the daal.
- Give a good mix…