Crab recipes are always an easy and tasty food. Only thing is, Crab is always messy and tough to eat but its fine when we think about its taste. Here is my favorite Crab curry recipe with roasted coconut milk
- Crab | 500g
- Oil | 2 tbsp
- Onion | 2 large
- Tomato | 1 large
- Ginger garlic paste | 1 tbsp
- Green chilly | 4
- Curry leaves | 7 leaves
- Red chilly powder | 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder | 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder | 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder | 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Grated coconut | 2 cups
- Funnel seeds | 1 tsp
- Water | as required
- Salt | to taste
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- Clean the crab and keep it aside to drain.
Step – 2
- Heat oil in a wide pan and add sliced onion, saute till it become golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute well for 2 minutes. Once the raw smell goes off add chopped tomatoes, green chilly and curry leaves. Cook it covered until the tomatoes are mushy.
- Add red chilly powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Saute well until oil comes out.
Step – 3
- By the time take another pan add 1 cup grated coconut and fennel seeds. Roast until it gets golden brown colour.
Now grind the roasted and grated coconuts together by adding sufficient water. Take a strainer and take thick milk out of it.
- Now add some more water into the ground coconut and strain it into another bowl to take runny milk.
Step – 4
- Now add the cleaned crab into our masala and mix well. Add salt according to taste. Cook it covered for 2 minutes and add runny milk, let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Once the crab is cooked well and gravy is thick add pepper powder, give a good mix.
- Add thick coconut milk. Once it is boiled, switch of the flame add chopped coriander leaves and serve hot