Cow beans thoran is an very delicious recipe, which you can prepare within 20 minutes. Its very healthy and simple too. The cumin seeds and shallots give this thoran a super taste. Try this recipe friends.
Pressure Cooker, Cooking Pan
- Cow beans | 1 cup
- Grated coconut | 1/4 cup
- Shallots | 4 nos
- Garlic cloves | 3 nos
- Green chilly | 2 nos.
- Cumin seeds | 1 Tsp
- Salt | to taste
- Coconut oil | 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds | 1 Tsp
- Curry leaves | 6-7
- Dried red chilly | 2 nos
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- Soak cow beans in water for 15 minutes.
- Add washed cow beans into a pressure cooker, add 1 n half cup of water. Close the lid
- Cook for 10 minutes after 1 whistle.
- Open the lid and strain cow beans and keep it aside.
Step – 2
- In a mixer grinder, add garlic cloves, shallots, green chilly, grated coconut, and cumin seeds.
- Grind it coarsely and keep it ready.
Step – 3
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add curry leaves and dried red chilly.
- Now add ground coconut and mix well cook for 5 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Now add boiled cow beans, and mix well. Season it with salt if needed.
- Close the lid cook for 5- 10 minutes in very low flame.
- Turn off the flame and add 1 tbsp coconut oil.
Ready to serve.