Among tea cakes, England and U.S. tea cakes are the famous. But what about trying an Indian recipe..and especially with coconut ..the heart of Kerala. So here is a simple and easy Coconut Tea Cake recipe which is going to be your tea’s best friend.. Let’s give tea cakes a twist…
Hand beater, Pressure cooker
- Egg – 2
- Coconut Oil – 1/2 Cup
- Thick Coconut Milk – 1/2 Cup
- All-purpose Flour – 1.5 Cups
- Sugar – 1 Cup
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
How to Make!
- In a bowl, Using the hand beater beat well the Eggs and Powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Add coconut oil to this and beat well
- Add all the dry ingredients (Sifted) to this and mix.
- Gradually add coconut milk to this until we get a cake batter consistency.
- Pour the batter into a greased pan and bake inside the cooker around 10 min in high flame and another 10 min in low flame.
- When the cake is baked well (you can test this using a toothpick), let it cool for some time.
- Cut the shapes you prefer using a cutter and enjoy with a cup of tea.
Note: While using a Pressure cooker instead of the oven:
- Remove the weight and preheat the cooker for about 15 min in high flame
- Add salt/ sand to this and place a stand above this.
- Place the cake pan on the stand and close the lid and bake accordingly.