Cinnamon rolls are the sweet roll served commonly in Northern Europe and North America. Cinnamon powder plays a major role in its smell and taste. This is one of my favorite desserts and everyone in the family loves it. Hope this awesome recipe will help you to make the perfect cinnamon rolls.
large bowl, wooden spatula
For cinnamon rolls:
- Warm Milk | 1 Cup
- Melted butter | ¼ Cup
- Sugar | 3 Tbsp
- Active dry yeast | ½ packet
- Flour | 2 Cups + 6 Tbsp
- Baking powder | ½ Tsp
- Salt | 1 Tsp
- Softened butter | 6 Tbsp
- Brown sugar | 6 Tbsp
- Cinnamon powder | 1 Tbsp
For Cream Cheese frosting:
- Cream cheese | 3 Tbsp
- Vanilla extract | 1Tsp
- Lemon juice | ½ Tsp
- Powdered sugar | 1 Cup
Step – 1
- In a large bowl mix together warm milk, melted butter, and sugar. Spread the yeast on the milk mixture and leave it aside for 1 minute.
- To this fold in the 2 cups of flour and mix well till incorporated. Cover this sticky dough with a towel and leave it aside for 1 hour for it to rise
Step – 2
- When your dough is doubled in size add baking powder, salt and 6 tbsp of flour into it and mix well with a wooden spatula.
- Now,roll the dough on a floured surface into a rectangle (10 by 7-inch approximately). Spread softened butter all over the dough. On this first spread brown sugar and then powdered cinnamon. Roll the dough along its length.
- Cutting the rolled dough into individual pieces even the sharpest kitchen knife can end up smashing your roll, instead of cutting it, the easiest way to cut cinnamon rolls is by using a piece of dental floss or a thin thread. Take the two ends of floss up to 1.5 inches and make like you are going to tie a knot and then in one fluid movement, pull the two ends of the floss tight.
- By this method, you will get beautiful sliced cinnamon rolls. Make 15 -17 of these roll and put them on a baking tray leaving a 1-inch gap between each of them. Cover them with a kitchen towel for 30 minutes so that is will puff up in size.
- Bake it for 20-25 minutes at 180°C.
Step – 3
- Meanwhile, start making the cream cheese frosting. For this, in a bowl add cream cheese, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Mix well till combined.
- Add powdered sugar and mix well and you will get a thick cream cheese frosting that is ready for spreading on the rolls.
- Once the rolls are baked leave it for 5 minutes to cool down and spread the frosting on it and serve it!