Chicken fried rice is one of my favorite dishes. Even if you are a newbie to the vast but wonderful world of cooking, there is no way you could go wrong with a recipe of fried rice(no offense to anyone 😀 ). From my personal experience the first time I tried it out wholly turned out to be just as delicious as my mother’s. There is a large variety of fried rice recipes. Hope you like this one best. So let’s get started.
2 Large pots/pans, ladle
Chicken Fried Rice
• Basmati rice | 1 cup
• Chicken stalk’s cube | 1 ( I used Maggie’s)
• Chicken boneless (cut into very tiny pieces) | 100 to 200g
• Cabbage( shredded) | ¼ cup
• Carrot (finely chopped) | ¼ cup
• French beans (finely chopped) | ¼ cup
• Green bell pepper (finely chopped) | ¼ cup
• Green peas (cooked) | ¼ cup
• Ginger garlic paste | 1 tbsp
• Soya sauce | 1 to 2 tsp
• Ghee | as required
• Lemon juice | 2 tsp
• Vinegar | 1 tbsp
• Pepper powder | ½ tsp
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- Rinse and soak the rice as per package instructions.
- Marinate the chicken with salt, turmeric (very little), vinegar, soya sauce (1 tsp), pepper powder. Refrigerate for 30 mnts.
- Cook the rice as per the instructions on the packet. Add enough salt, 1 to 2 tbsp ghee, lemon juice and chicken stalk to the water. Be careful not to overcook the rice.
- Add ghee to a pan. Cook the GG paste for a while. Then add the chicken pieces and fry it till it gets cooked. Add remaining soya sauce. Don’t burn the pieces.
- Remove the chicken from the pan. If ghee has become less add a little more.
- Sauté the vegetables as per their cooking time (like carrot and beans, then cabbage, then bell pepper and at the last green peas).
- Remember to add salt according to taste. If you want more flavors then you can add pepper powder and soya sauce to the vegetables as well.
- Finally add the fried chicken pieces. Mix well.
- Add cooked rice and cook on high flame for 2 to 3 minute while stirring continuously.
- Your fried rice is ready to be served. Enjoy.
Let me know your feed back in the comment box below.
• If you are a vegan you can totally skip the chicken in this recipe.
• Remember to stir the vegetables continuously and don’t burn it.