Chicken biriyani is basically mixed rice dish which contain savoury rice loaded with tender chicken masala. This recipe is a easy version of this delicacy
Cooking pan, Biriyani pot
For chicken masala
- Chicken | 1 kg
- Onion | 4
- Tomato | 2
- Green chillies | 6 (according to your taste)
- Ginger | 1 (big piece)
- Garlic | 1 bulb
- Coriander leaves | 1/8 cup
- Mint leaves | 1/8 cup
- Oil | 4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder | 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala | 1 tsp
- Salt | to taste
For Ghee rice
- Jeerakashala rice | 3 cup
- Boiling water | 4 1/2 cup
- Ghee | 4 tbsp
- Coconut oil | 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice | 1/2 tsp
- Onion | 1/2
- Cinnamon | 2 small piece
- Cardamom | 2
- Cloves | 4
- Garam masala | 1/4 tsp
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- Using the grinder, crush ginger, garlic and green chillies. Keep it aside.
Step – 2
- Take a cooking pan and add washed chicken into it.
- Then add salt and turmeric powder, give it a good mix.
- Cover and cook in a low flame for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, open the lid, stir and dry the chicken for 5 minutes
- Then turn off the flame.
Step – 3
- Take a pan and add oil into it.
- once the oil is hot, add onion and saute well. .
- Then add salt and mix ,Cover and cook this for 2 minutes in low flame.
- When onion become golden brown, add tomato and prepared ginger,garlic and chilly paste in to it. Saute well.
- Cover and cook this for 2 minutes.
- Then add chopped coriander and mint leaves in to it. Mix them well.
- Now add garam masala and mix well .
- This is the time to add cooked chicken into the mix.
- Add them and give it a good mix, Cover and cook for 2 minutes .
- Our chicken masala is ready.
Step – 4
- Take rice and wash it with water and dry well.
- Then take a biriyani pot and add oil and ghee.
- In to this ,add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and onion. Saute it for 30 seconds.
- Add rice in to this and roast it for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add boiling water and let the rice cook .
- When the water level reduce and reach the rice level , cover and cook it in a very low flame for 20 minutes.
Step – 5
- From the biriyani pot, remove half of the cooked rice into a bowl.
- Then add prepared chicken masala over the rice.
- now add cooked rice from the bowl.
- You can garnish it with coriander leaves and garam masala.
- Close the lid and let it dhum for 15 minutes in a very low flame.
- Our chicken biriyani is ready.